Zoloft is yet another SSRI that contains an active ingredient Sertraline and is also good for treating depression. This medicine comes in the form of a pill and a solution just like Prozac. In addition to treating depression, it is targeted to treat panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and premenstrual dysphoric disorder.
What conditions does Zoloft medication treat?
This medication can be taken to treat depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder, premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
How Zoloft generic works?
These conditions are experienced by people because the natural chemicals that are present in their central nervous system are imbalanced. So when you take Zoloft generic medication the imbalanced natural chemicals would be converted into balanced ones.
How to take this medication?
- Take the drug as mentioned by your medical specialist.
- There are chances that your doctor would occasionally alter your drug dose.
- Never consume Zoloft medication higher or lower dose than what is required for you.
- You can consume the tablet with or without food.
- Make sure that you consume the medication at the same time.
- You have to dilute the oral concentrate and take it.
- To get the right dose you can use the dose measuring cup. If you do not have one then get it from the pharmacist.
- You can mix the drug with water, lemon juice or oral juice.
- The medication might alter your test results. So inform to your lab technician that you are taking Zoloft drug.
- It might take 4 weeks of time to see the improvement.
- Tell the healthcare professional if you are not receiving the needed effectiveness in your body.
Missing and overdosing the drug
If you have missed taking the medication you can take it unless it is not the time for the next dose. You have to stick with your drug dose only and if you increase it without consulting with the healthcare professional then it might cause a drug overdose. Get immediate help from your physician in this situation.
Zoloft generic ill effects
Common ill effects:
- Loss of appetite
- A decrease in sex drive
Severe ill effects:
- Blurred vision
- Low levels of sodium
- Manic episodes
- Eye pain
Contact your doctor if you are suffering from any of the severe side effects and take the necessary steps.
- Check whether you are not experiencing any allergic symptoms while consuming Zoloft drug.
- When you take this medication there are chances that it would impair your cognitive ability. Hence you are not recommended to perform any tasks that ask you to be alert.
- Taking Zoloft generic during pregnancy or breastfeeding phase is not recommended.
- Inform about all the drugs that you are taking to your healthcare professional.
- You are also expected to mention the history of medical conditions to the doctor.
- Consuming alcohol along with Zoloft medication is not advisable. You should also quit smoking during the course of therapy.
Other drugs that you are consuming along with Zoloft generic might get interacted. This is a situation where the active ingredients in both the medications might interact with each other. When this happen you would start to experience severe side effects in your body and it might worsen your health condition. In order to avoid this, you have to consult with the healthcare professional prior to taking other medications.